Friday, February 26, 2010

Disneyland... for sure the happiest place on earth!

Since Brianne has been working night shifts at the Hospital we decided to push back Valentine's day to the middle of the week. Originally she thought we were just going to relax during the day and have a nice dinner in the evening. Little did she know I had a little scheme going on. I decided to go on craigslist to buy some Disneyland tickets since they are around 85 bucks at the gate. I ended up buying a pair pf tickets from this couple, which the whole time i was thinking to myself that they probably just sold me already used tickets. My next stop was the corner flower shop. After picking up some nice flowers and getting back in my truck I notice one of the tickets has fallen out of my pocket and the only place it could possibly be is the flower booth when I pulled out my money. I hadn't hardly left the parking lot before I noticed the missing ticket so I turned right back in. 20 minutes of looking and pleading with the homeless man, whom I could have sworn I saw looking at something the same size as my Disneyland ticket, I left with money down the drain and my plans ruined. I continued on my next stop, despite the crushing blow, to pick up some strawberries and chocolate since it has become a tradition for me to make chocolate covered strawberries. Wouldn't you know it, as I am leaving the grocery store that same sketchy man happened to stroll right in. I drop my goods off in the truck and proceeded to to head back into the store to find the man whom I'm convinced picked up my ticket. I finally found him and after a few minutes of interrogating him I took his word halfheartedly and went home defeated. Long story short, I ended up having to buy another ticket on craigslist and picked it up on the way to the park. SO much for trying to save some money on the tickets.

All in all, we had an amazing day. I hadn't been to D-land since high school and there were so many changes. We also were able to cruise over to California Adventure which was a first. As usual, I set the camera on timer mode and found a few trash cans, tables, and walls that we could use as a "tripod" to capture our day. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment: