Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Smith Family- Homestead Heritage

Almost 10 years ago I left California to attend college at Baylor University in good'ole Waco, Texas and was immediately adopted by the Smith family who saw to it to be my parents away from home. During my college experience Alan and Melanie have supported me, cooked for me, cheered me on during baseball games, and just about everything else parents love to do for their children. I even got to play the role of an older brother to Katie and Audrey.

Fast forward to this past Fall... I finally had to go back to school to finish my undergrad after all these years of baseball. The craziest part is that Katie, who was just starting high school when I began my college career, now shared a class with me. I felt real old.

At the end of the semester we all headed to this awesome community called, Homestead Heritage to take some pictures. You for sure should click on the link to find out more about this place. We had such a great time, despite being freezing cold, exploring the community. I am convinced I would love to live the simple lifestyle these people live... well, maybe not permanently.

Alan, Melanie, Katie, and Audrey, thanks for letting me be a part of your family all these years.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket








1 comment:

  1. sean - first of all, I love your work! you are so talented! second, I grew up going to church with this sweet family & hadn't seen them in years, loved looking at the pics of how "old" the girls are. when I was at baylor I took a photography class & we went to take pictures at homestead for an assignment - how funny, I am currently taking a digital photography class for ministry at my church & was looking back at all my old pictures/projects from my class at baylor. and - my end of the year big "photo story" was about baylor baseball {duh} I'll have to look back and see if you made any of the shots! small world! hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete