Thursday, June 10, 2010

Downtown San Diego: Susan and Tony: Engagement

I totally blew it the first time I met with Susan and Tony. I was sitting home in my sweats editing a recent shoot when I got a call from Susan. As normal, I answered it and asked how she was doing and then stated how I was just hanging out getting caught up on some work. Her next words sent a shock through out my body that caused me to spring out of my chair while my jaw hit the floor. "Um Sean" she said in a nice, patient voice. "We are suppose to be meeting right now to talk about wedding photography." I probably was as white as a ghost. I have never gotten ready so quick in my life. I had made the mistake of writing their meeting down for the following Wednesday so I didn't think twice about it that day.

What grace they showed me when I showed up more than a half-hour late and completely frazzled. I am so glad my error didn't cost me the opportunity to work with them because they are such a fun couple. I think their images clearly show the genuineness of their love for each other. I am obsessed with images that capture raw laughter and smiles that are prompted out of love. Our shoot together was filled with these images.

Susan and Tony, I am pumped to be a part of your wedding. I can't wait to capture the emotions of that day.

































































5 comments:

  1. these are beautiful natural shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan and Tony are wonderful friends of ours and these pictures reflect their happy and fun loving personalities so well! You nailed it in these beautiful candids, which are truly works of art! Can't wait for the wedding day and all the wonderful memories to be captured...so beautifully and naturally! Love, Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Almost made me cry! Love you guys and can't wait to see your wedding photos if these are this good! Angie (and Dustin too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean Tony and I are so greatful for you and your talent! thanks for making this day so fun and capturing these memories. cant wait till the wedding!
    all our best,
    Tony and Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eli Dinamarca ClarkeJune 16, 2010 at 3:23 AM

    AWESOME pics mis queridos amigos :) You both look great! Besos, eli

    ReplyDelete